Seeking: Account Manager
Reports to: Managing Director
Kiterocket, a fast-growing PR and marketing agency specializing in the sustainable consumer, technology, and renewable energy industries, is seeking an Account Manager to join our Sustainable Living practice. Candidates will ideally work out of our Seattle office, though applicants in Phoenix will also be considered.
We—are a team of engaged and connected experts who bring exceptional ideas and execution to the table to provide measurable and meaningful impact for our clients, making us a valued partner and trusted ally.
You—are passionate about saving the planet and have a lasting interest in sustainability. You love technologies that are electrifying everything, one clean electron at a time. You grasp the difference between a kW and a kWh, and get annoyed seeing a south-facing roof without solar. You are a master recycler and composter, ensuring others never put something in the wrong bin, and likely go meatless once a week. You may even follow the hashtags #altprotein, #regenagriculture or #energygeek. You are also a talented team player who can deliver on the above promises, drive strategy and oversee execution through team, project, and client management. Your main mission is to cultivate and maintain strong working relationships with clients daily, ensuring they consistently feel confident Kiterocket understands their industry and company, has a solid team executing the account work, and is adding value to their brand.
The Must List:
- Typically, 5+ years of PR/marketing experience with a track record of increased responsibility, preferably including agency experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in PR, communications or related field
- Platform/tools/software experience with the following, or similar: Microsoft Office with proficiency in Word, PowerPoint and Excel; media and influencer databases and coverage tracking tools; social media channels and publishing/community management platforms; project management software
- Critical skill set: PR/marketing strategy development, including solid knowledge of PR and digital marketing tactics and integrated campaigns; PR/marketing reporting and analytics; project management; emerging team management skills; emerging budget management skills; client relationship management; excellent verbal and written communication skills, including AP style; strong presentation development and delivery
Core Job Functions:
- Serve as the primary client contact point for accounts you manage, providing day-to-day strategic input, feedback and updates; flawlessly run client calls and in-person meetings
- Work with senior team members to develop comprehensive strategic PR/marketing plans leveraging both traditional and emerging tactics, then oversee team members to execute the plan
- Work with senior team members to clearly define client goals, agree on measurable KPIs against these goals, and establish the data input system to capture progress
- Support brand, positioning and key messaging development, as well as crisis planning
- Develop and/or review/edit/finalize an array of execution assets developed by junior team members, including: strategic plan contributions, messaging documents; press and marketing materials; media lists; social media content; design deliverables, and other routine assets
- Serve as quality control, ensuring all team documents and deliverables align with the clients’ brand, positioning and goals, and meet high-quality standards
- Drive all measurement and reporting, including strategic insights on how to further improve
- Work with your Account/Managing Director to provide appropriate assignments to team members, enforce deadlines, and use the agency’s project management software at an expert level to keep everything on track
- Serve as the team liaison to manage Digital Team/design projects
- Monitor fee and track hard cost budgets on a regular basis, and oversee vendor and contractor budgets
- Begin developing your resource management skills by working with senior teams to understand team allocations, agency fee structures, usability rates and other business metrics
- Support your Account/Managing Director with new client onboarding needs
- Contribute to new business opportunities, primarily through participating in meet and greets and pitches when requested
- Serve as a mentor for junior team members, providing feedback and encouragement on a regular basis
Note, while your primary roles is to lead and develop your skill sets for strategy, client, team, project and budget management, based on your communications background, and due to the size of the agency, you should also be prepared to assist PR Specialists, Digital Marketing Specialists and Account Executives with executing client assignments, when needed. This may include media/influencer relations, social media support, event execution, coverage tracking/data reports, writing assignments and more.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $70,000-$85,000. Salary is based on a range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. Kiterocket’s robust benefits include paid medical insurance, voluntary dental and vision insurance, 401(k) with 3% company safe harbor contributions, 10 paid holidays, two weeks paid sick leave, and two+ weeks of accrued PTO. Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants, please send a brief cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include “SL Account Manager, Seattle” in the subject line.