Kiterocket seeks an Account Manager to join our Technology practice in our Phoenix office (applicants in Seattle and San Francisco will also be considered).
The Account Manager oversees day-to-day client account work, teams and budgets, with support from a Managing Director, to ensure the agency meets and exceeds client expectations. The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong aptitude for organization and multitasking to manage manage multiple accounts in a fast-paced setting. Experience developing and defending strategic recommendations, managing junior team members, preparing polished client communications and delivering strong presentations is a must. The ideal candidate will also possess an interest in and/or understanding of technology and electronics manufacturing and a willingness to learn.
Interested candidates should send a brief cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Account Manager” plus your name.
- Four-year college degree in communications or related field
- 4-6 years of related experience, preferably in an agency setting, with a track record of increasing responsibility
- Strong writing skills, with specific capabilities including:
- Mastery of AP style writing, press release procedures and social media posting guidelines
- Ability to write and/or review PRs and other written materials for alignment with company strategy and messaging
- Experience developing and delivering strategic recommendations, including formal memos, campaign plans, coverage tracking, as well as change-of-course updates
- Proven ability to provide clients with thoughtful and relevant industry, consumer and business trend insights, and how to best leverage those insights to further a client’s PR programming
- Experienced and adept at managing team members and delegating assignments
- New business experience, both in plan creation and presentation
- Unparalleled work ethic; this role leads by example
- Manage all account activities on select clients with limited supervision (PR, social media, creative, digital marketing, speaking opportunity, events, etc.), leveraging junior support team members to assist with execution and reporting up to senior management to keep accounts on track
- Cultivate strong working relationships with clients and be seen as a senior advisor; demonstrate an ability to counsel clients on public relations and marketing issues and opportunities
- Draft and develop campaign and planning timelines and calendars; ensure alignment with approved client scopes of work and set achievable success metrics
- Manage the fiscal health of client accounts
- Working in conjunction with our Design Studio, oversee creative projects, including project strategy and brainstorming, estimating and project/client set-up; monitor creative output for quality (visual and copy) and ensure client deadlines are met
- Develop and oversee social media campaign execution and content strategy as part of broader marketing plans
- Effectively utilize agency business systems to maximize team efficiency and productivity
- Proactively maintain a visible role for the agency within relevant client industry and communications/marketing circles