Reports to: Account Director or Managing Director
Kiterocket, a fast-growing PR and marketing agency specializing in technology, consumer and renewable energy industries, is seeking a PR Manager to join our Technology practice in our Phoenix office. The Technology team focuses primarily on semiconductor manufacturing, IoT and electronics clients who are category leaders and industry pioneers.
As an agency, we: are a team of engaged and connected experts who bring exceptional ideas and execution to the table to provide measurable and meaningful impact for our clients, making us a valued partner and trusted ally.
As a qualified candidate, you: are a talented team player who can deliver on the above promises and drive traditional PR strategy and execution, working alongside account managers, digital specialists and junior support staff to generate client results. Your main mission is to earn client exposure through media, influencer and analyst relations, paid content distribution plans, events, and other publicity tactics. Candidates must have solid technology media relations experience with proven ability to craft pitches, leverage contacts and place stories.
The Must List:
- Typically, 4+ years of PR/marketing experience, including agency experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or a related field
- Platform/tools/software experience with the following, or similar: media and influencer databases; media monitoring; social media platforms and analytics; Microsoft Office with advanced knowledge of Word and PowerPoint
- Critical skill sets: PR strategy development with familiarity of both traditional and emerging PR activities; media and influencer relations; analyst relations (as needed for practice area); paid media distribution and influencer campaigns; event planning; strong writing skills, including AP style mastery
Core Job Functions:
- Continually monitor industry news to bring current events, trends and opportunities to clients
- Establish and grow relationships with key media outlets, influencers and connectors
- Work cohesively with account managers/directors, brand strategists and digital exerts to formulate solid strategic PR plans for clients, and move the KPI needle forward
- Manage and execute all media and influencer relations activities including list building and maintenance, writing pitches, conducting outreach, managing interview and coverage opportunities, tracking and showcasing results
- Draft all manner of press materials including press releases and accompanying social media posts, media alerts, press kits and materials, and internal client communiques
- Research and coordinate paid/sponsored content campaign through media outlets and influencer programs
- Contribute to crisis plan development, and work with senior team members to provide ongoing crisis counsel as needed
- Manage client-owned events including concepts and planning, vendor procurement, invite lists, event collateral, production and on-site staffing
- Research and manage all logistics for sponsorship opportunities and other third-party event participation
- Identify awards and spokesperson opportunities for clients and executives, draft entries and manage the submission process
- Help develop speeches and presentations for secured speaking opportunities, and manage all related logistics
- Develop, or work with editorial team members and copywriters to develop, executive communications and thought leadership pieces including white papers, op-eds and bylined articles, guest blog posts and social media posts
- Serve as a mentor for junior team members, providing feedback and encouragement on a regular basis regarding PR activities
Interested applicants, please send a brief cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include “PR Manager, Phoenix” in the subject line.