Reports to: Account Director or Managing Director
Kiterocket, a fast-growing PR and marketing agency specializing in technology, consumer and renewable energy industries, is seeking a PR Manager to join our Technology practice in our Phoenix office. The Technology team focuses primarily on semiconductor manufacturing, IoT and electronics clients who are category leaders and industry pioneers.
As an agency, we: are a team of engaged and connected experts who bring exceptional ideas and execution to the table to provide measurable and meaningful impact for our clients, making us a valued partner and trusted ally.
As a qualified candidate, you: are a talented team player who can deliver on the above promises and drive traditional PR strategy and execution, working alongside account managers, digital specialists and junior support staff to generate client results. Your main mission is to earn client exposure through media, influencer and analyst relations, paid content distribution plans, events, and other publicity tactics. Candidates must love media relations, have a superior knack for pitching, and track record of national business and top tier consumer media outreach experience with proven connections and story placements. Candidates with specific sustainability and/or public affairs and policy experience are a huge plus.
The Must List:
- Typically, 7+ years of PR/marketing experience, including agency experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or a related field
- Platform/tools/software experience with the following, or similar: media and influencer databases; media monitoring; social media platforms and analytics; Microsoft Office with advanced knowledge of Word and PowerPoint
- Critical skill sets: PR strategy development with familiarity of both traditional and emerging PR activities; media and influencer relations; analyst relations; paid media distribution and influencer campaigns; event planning; strong writing skills, including AP style mastery
Core Job Functions:
- Continually monitor industry news to bring current events, trends and opportunities to clients
- Leverage, establish and grow relationships with key media outlets, influencers and connectors to earn media coverage
- Work cohesively with account managers/directors, brand strategists and digital exerts to formulate solid strategic PR plans for clients, and move the KPI needle forward
- Manage and execute, with support from junior team members, all media and influencer relations activities including list building and maintenance, writing pitches, conducting outreach, managing interview and coverage opportunities, tracking and showcasing results
- Draft all manner of press materials including press releases and accompanying social media posts, media alerts, press kits and materials, and internal client communiques
- Research and coordinate paid/sponsored content campaigns through media outlets and influencer programs
- Lead crisis plan developments and work with senior team members to provide ongoing crisis counsel as needed
- Manage client-owned events including concepts and planning, vendor procurement, invite lists, event collateral, production and on-site staffing
- Research and manage all logistics for sponsorship opportunities and other third-party event participation
- Identify awards and spokesperson opportunities for clients and executives and oversee submission processes
- Help develop speeches and presentations for secured speaking opportunities
- Develop, or work with editorial team members and copywriters to develop, executive communications and thought leadership pieces including white papers, op-eds and bylined articles, guest blog posts and social media posts
- Serve as a mentor for junior team members, providing feedback and encouragement on a regular basis regarding PR activities
Interested applicants, please send a brief cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include “Senior Public Relations Manager, Phoenix” in the subject line.