SEEKING: Social Media manager
Reports to: Senior Director, Digital Strategy
Kiterocket, a fast-growing PR and marketing agency specializing in technology and sustainable living industries, is seeking Social Media Manager to join our agency. The successful applicant will play a critical role in managing, engaging, and growing social audiences for our clients and for the agency itself. The role is based in either our Phoenix or Seattle office and offers a hybrid in-office and remote work schedule; the role is not available for full-time remote applicants.
We—are a team of engaged and connected experts who bring exceptional ideas and execution to the table to provide measurable and meaningful impact for our clients, making us a valued partner and trusted ally.
You—are a hard-working team player who can fulfill social media activities that include social media planning, community management, brainstorming ideas, content creation, publishing, analytics, and client communication.
THE MUST LIST:
- 4-5 years relevant experience in which you have concepted, developed, planned, managed, and owned the aspects of social media for brands or organizations at an agency
- Experience working with PR and communications teams
- Strong, concise, creative writing skills
- Working knowledge of paid versus organic social media strategy, and experience with both
- A strong understanding of best practices across all social media platforms, and enjoys crafting content and posts for all social platforms, including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- Experience with design tools such as Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator (when needed), and social media management software (Sprout Social, Hootsuite)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details like spelling, grammar, punctuation, and style
- Advanced communications skills, including both written (documents and presentations) and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to handle 3-5 clients simultaneously
- Bonus qualification: experience working in technology or sustainability industries is preferred, though not required
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Concept and pitch strategic social campaigns and content plans, with assistance from the Sr. Director of Digital Strategy
- Manage the day-to-day social publishing, copywriting, and audience engagement for Kiterocket social profiles and client channels
- Create and implement social media, content and communication strategies that support client social media needs, primarily for 3-5 accounts across Kiterocket’s two practice areas, Technology and Sustainable Living.
- Develop social media and campaign plans, working with Sr. Director of Digital Strategy and account teams for input.
- Take the lead on developing and finalizing quarterly/monthly social media editorial calendars, with client reviews and account team meetings, based on marketing objectives and activities
- Manage social media content posting and community engagement, and seek out information from clients where needed to produce the posts
- Oversee social publishing production, working with Digital Content producer, copywriting team and graphic design/video team members, prepping the information needed for the team to develop the posts and ensure they adhere to client brand standards.
- Support creative publishing development when needed, including both copywriting and visual production. You would be working with our production team to have them create most of the content but should also be able to produce some of the content when it makes sense and for bandwidth considerations.
- Manage post review process with clients. This includes directly owning copywriting changes and any minor graphic design changes, so we avoid another edit round with copywriters/designers for minor fixes.
- Pull and provide analytics and insights monthly and ad hoc, and understand what they mean – what’s working, what’s not, and how to continuously improve
A TYPICAL DAY SNAPSHOT:
- Building content plans and crafting content for social media strategies for clients, in collaboration with the sr. director of digital strategy and digital marketing manager
- Providing strategic recommendations for clients and the Kiterocket brand regarding social media posting, content strategy, and KPIs
- Crafting content for the clients’ day-to-day social media
- Managing social media communities, including proactive comment response and community engagement across platforms
- Writing and editing copy for client and agency social media channels (heavy on LinkedIn, but also Instagram, Twitter, Facebook)
- Managing social media content calendars, including posting and monitoring overall performance
VALUABLE SKILLSETS FOR THE ROLE:
- Smart, creative, and results-focused marketer
- High level of attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Proactive thinker
- Responsive with people in a very timely manner
- Good brand storytelling abilities
- Patience to think strategy first, not just shiny tactics
- Strong communication skills, especially with writing
- Ability to analyze key marketing metrics and their effectiveness
- Extremely organized
- Quick learner and loves seeking out knowledge
- Strong autonomous skills
Interested applicants, please send a brief cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include “Social Media Manager” in the subject line.