The success of any email marketing campaign (newsletters, press releases, invitations, etc.) begins with the email open rate. Kiterocket research revealed that 23.6% of emails are opened within the first hour, making it critically important to time your campaign correctly. Optimal times differ for B2B and B2C emails. Here are some tips to help you determine what’s best for your campaign:
- Email volumes peak on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so either ride that wave or test other days to make your message stand out.
- According to MailChimp, email opens increase after 12 p.m., and pick up steam between 2-5 p.m.
- News and magazine emails are opened during lunchtime (12-2 p.m.).
- B2B promotions are opened mostly between the hours of 5-7 p.m.
- A catchy subject line can increase your open rate.
- Schedule your blasts to be delivered to different geographical regions at optimal times.
Ultimately, it’s up to you to decide what’s best for your business. If you need any help, ask our SEO and Internet marketing specialist, Kseniya Wegbrait.